Pages

Monday 27 April 2015

Little Tern


Not only a county tick, but a self-found county tick - the best kind. Glad Steve got there in time, but somewhat gutted that Jim Gurney - surely one of the most pleasant and charming birders in our fair county - arrived just too late. Can't recall the last bird I found that Jim saw, but he took it with remarkable good grace...again. I'm sure he must secretly think that I'm a big stringy tw@t. ;-) So many of my finds are either 'ephemeral' or located at the arse-end of nowhere.

For those that are interested, why not submit your county self-found life lists on this website. Choose Bedfordshire from the county list and select the self-found option:

http://www.bubo.org/

Above photograph courtesy of SCB.

DOM

1 comment:

  1. A very sort after 'selfie' indeed! I haven't seen one i n the county for over 20 years...................its a bogey bird for this hombre!

    ReplyDelete