Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2015

LBJs no more?

I'm assuming that a Garden Warbler isn't the most exciting bird around but it's proven to be a bit of a milestone for me. Matt's info about them being back at Broom the other day led me to realise that I wouldn't know one if it landed on me. This resulted in a fair bit of reading up, a look at the excellent BTO bird ID videos and then a walk around my local area to see if I'd been missing out all these years - and I was. I did think I was listening to a Blackcap today but when a LBJ appeared I (for once) knew what it was straight away.



I still don't think I'm a birder but I do know that by the end of this year my limited knowledge of birds will have been enhanced significantly and it will be down to this SFYL caper :-)

Once again, apologies for the quality of the picture and I really must take Matt up on that offer of a photo workshop.

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Jim, you've certainly got the right attitude! And you're right, the photo is once again terrible; Interesting background, straight, in focus and you've even dared to catch the subject out in the open- It's an outrage!

    ReplyDelete