Pages

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Ball o' String

Well, my first post of the new year and the pressure is already being piled on by the main protagonists. Tales of Scaup, Owls and Cetti's have certainly sparked me into action. So a week or so back, I dusted of my trusty ecosteed and once more started to SFYL.
2 Snipe sp. and Shelduck have been barely notable as I anticipate better fare............
And then it came!
Is it? Isn't it.............surely not,.......er, yes it is!
So after I told the world about my first ever SF Slav, I brought myself back to earth again.
A long ride round the lake to see Mark T and Jim G (who had rushed to Broom on my account) to say:

"Er, sorry lads- I might have got a bit excited there"

But, I suppose it's better to have a rush of blood than actually find something good and not tell anyone till its dark................................


Slavonian Grebe
Like the one wot I saw at Broom today..............

3 comments:

  1. Thanks mate! One day, one day............................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about it Matt, anyway I think your American Golden Plover is far more impressive. J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha John. That really was a String! Now amended.................

    ReplyDelete